To say we’re excited about the opening of Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi is a major understatement. The large-scale shopping centre will transform the emirate’s retail offering, with several brand new concepts being launched for the first time by leading regional and international stores.
Yas Mall will host over 370 retail, F&B brands and entertainment offerings, all within easy reach of the capital and only 45 minutes from Dubai. Attached to the world’s largest indoor theme park Ferrari World, it completes the Yas Island proposition, which already boasts popular attractions such as Yas Marina Circuit, Yas Waterworld, Yas Links, along with a large choice of hotels.
Yas Mall’s developer and operator Aldar has unveiled 10 key features that AroundTheUAE.com readers can expect once the mall’s doors are finally opened next month, including “the world’s biggest rollercoaster restaurant”! Intrigued? Check the list out below:
1) Accessibility: Yas Mall boasts nearly 10,000 covered parking spaces, with direct access to the highway and only five minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport, 15 minutes from the Abu Dhabi city centre, and 45 minutes from Dubai. Visitors will also have easy access to other Yas Island amenities, including Ferrari World, via an elevated footbridge.
2) Design: Yas Mall’s design is integral to the visitor experience, with a strong sense of height, light and space. A series of streets, avenues, boulevards and squares makes Yas Mall easy to navigate for visitors.
3) Unique Store Concepts: Yas Mall aims to bring many distinctive brands under one roof. All the stores are being encouraged to launch outlets, which are unique in design or offering. Chalhoub Group, known for managing retail outlets and building brands, is creating their first own brand department store. The mall will also house the largest Debenhams outside of the UK in which shoppers will have access to a personal stylist.
4) New Retail Brands: Yas Mall will house the first Hamley’s, Hollister, Brook’s Brothers in Abu Dhabi, and first Lego Store, standalone Under Armour store, two-level Go Sports store and Joe Fresh in UAE and the first Geant Hypermarket in Abu Dhabi.
5) Town Square: At the heart of Yas Mall, this central space represents the largest enclosed gathering space of any shopping centre in the Middle East, reinforcing the mall’s important role in the community. Its naturally-lit spaces surrounded by greenery and water features were specially designed to bring the outdoors indoors.
6) Cinema: The 20 screen Vox Cinemas will boast the biggest MAX screen in Abu Dhabi at 24.5 metres wide. Along with three Gold Cinemas, its 4DX technology will engage all five senses and make audiences feel as if they are part of the feature.
7) F&B: There will be over 60 F&B outlets, including outdoor dining on Cascade Walk and cafes spilling out onto Town Square. Rogo’s, the world’s biggest Rollercoaster Restaurant, will break the mould on how food is served by sending orders to diners on roller coaster tracks. Other brands to look forward to include: The Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Changs, Shakespeare and Co., Angelina, Jamba Juice, Champions League Café, Pie Face and PAUL.
8) Entertainment: Yas Mall is a place for families to spend time together and caters to children of all ages. Offerings include the first Fun Works in the UAE, the region’s largest adventure play system, with a 60,000 square foot area dedicated to playful learning and ‘edutainment’ with activities ranging from science and arts to theatre and construction. The mall will also cater to adults looking for some active fun, with the region’s first Softair Battlezone in which they can experience the thrill of competition.
9) Art: Acclaimed international Artist Marco Cianfanelli, known for his work in South Africa’s Freedom Park, will be designing three distinct sculptures, which will be strategically placed in and around Yas Mall. The mall also features spectacular hanging paper fibre art, designed by Dutch artist Peter Gentenaar who specialises in paper art, with many of his sculptures displayed in various cities around Europe. There are also plans for temporary exhibitions to entice art aficionados.
10) Sustainability: Yas Mall is built around green principles. 80% of steel and 50% of wood used in construction has been recycled or sustainably sourced. In addition, 20% of all materials have been procured locally.